Poly Boston events
We hold various types of events, which we post on the
announce mailing list and the calendar. You should ask to join the mailing list before coming to one of these events; there's important information you get as part of the subscripton process.
- Monthly dinners are usually hosted at the Bertucci’s at the Alewife T Station. New folks are always welcome! (Please do RSVP, though.)
- Brunches are sometimes held in restaurants in Chinatown or Jamaica Plain. (We’ve also occasionally had these at people’s houses.) These too are informal socials, and new folks are always welcome.
- Discussion groups are more focused thrashings-out of polyamorous topics. The topic is usually chosen in advance: for example, coming out as a poly family to your birth family, equitable dealings in primary-secondary relationships, jealousy management, etc. They generally happen in someone's home. Again, new folks are very welcome. Bring your questions. (We’ve had these on a regular schedule at some times in the past, when somebody was available to commit to host them; there’s not currently a regular series of discussion groups on the calendar. Maybe you want to host one!)
- The Queer Poly Women's Discussion Group happens monthly on a Wednesday in Somerville.
- Public orientations happen when someone feels inspired to schedule a Poly 101 talk and we can find a venue.
(We used to have weekly gatherings at a café in Somerville, but those petered out a few years ago.)